I opted for a super healthier option so please read my thoughts/alternatives for tastier/less healthy option 😀 and i made about 20 good size shumais
Mini Muffin Tin
1/4 lbs of Shrimp (diced)
1/2 lbs Ground Turkey
1 small egg (use half if you can)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
a pinch of Pepper
1/2 teaspoon of Sesame Oil
Directions: ** Preheat your oven to 325**
1. Mix turkey, shrimp, sesame oil, salt and pepper together.
2. Once it is mixed well, crack the egg in the mix and fold the egg in (don’t scramble it!)
3. Spray your muffin tin w Pam and line each cup with a wonton wrap.
4. Fill the tins with the shrimp/turkey mixture and bake it for 15 minutes and DONE!
1. when i baked the shumais, I did not cover it which dried it out a bit (but still really juicy from the shrimp). So if I were to do it again, I would definitely create a cover with foil, bake for 12 minutes, remove the foil lid and broil it for 3 minutes to get a crunchy top.
2. Use pork instead of turkey… we were drinking a lot of beer during the first NFL Sunday game and thought to spare a little bit of the calories.