This recipe is actually an old school dish that my dad made for us when we were little. After I posted this on my FB the other day, I found that this reminded not just me of my childhood but a handful of my friends who are Vietnamese. Such an easy recipe, can’t believe it took me this long to make this!
half a pound of 51-60 shrimps – diced or minced (i like my shrimps diced)
a loaf of baguette – diagonally sliced (I bought the long and thinner kind for small bites)
3 green onions – diced
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/2 teaspoon of sesame oil
pinch of black pepper
Directions: ***Preheat oven to 350***
1. Mix your diced shrimp, green onions, salt, pepper and sesame oil all together
2. Fold in your egg then let sit for about 5 minutes -DO NOT SCRAMBLE-
3. Slice your baguette diagonally or whatever shape you like
4. Use a small spoon and scoop your shrimp mixture on each piece of bread (make sure the entire surface is covered)
5. Place on the baking sheet… stick it in the oven and bake for 5 minutes.
6. Finishing it off by broiling for 10 minutes or golden brown or burnt… up to you 🙂
Pretty damn easy! Enjoy suckas!