Muffin Tin Frittatas
I’ve been in LOVE with frittatas since I had one from La Boulange in San Francisco this year. It was soooo good! I ate one each day I was there… for 4 days. I made this to kick start my food prep for eating healthy. Nonetheless, you can actually use any kind of ingredients that your heart desire. This post is mainly to introduce the technique. It didn’t take much time at all and turned out fantastic!
1 Medium Bell Pepper – diced
12 mushrooms – sliced
1 Cup of Egg White
3 Medium Eggs
1 big bunch of spinach and arugula
¼ can of SPAM – diced (you can definitely use a healthier meat but I really wanted some SPAM)
¼ cup of green onion – sliced
Muffin Tin pan
Coconut oil to coat the muffin tin pan
Directions time!! *** Pre-Heat the oven to 375 and oil your muffin tin (I used coconut oil) ***
1. Separate the egg whites from the yoke and add the rest of the egg white to it.
2. Whisk the egg whites until it is fluffy and stiff (I used my hands, it was pretty tiring, so if you have an electric whisk. I would recommend that)
3. Stick your arugula and spinach in a cup/bowl and microwave it for 1 minute or until it wilts
4. Lightly whisk your 3 egg yolks and add it to your fluffy egg whites. Following with the diced bell pepper, sliced mushroom, wilted spinach and arugula, diced SPAM, green onions and mix it up lightly
5. Fill up your muffin tins to about 75% of each cup and oven time!
6. Bake for 18 minutes at 375… take them out.. let it cool and EAT!
Because I used SPAM, I did not add any additional spice. If you choose to use chicken or anything that is unsalted, use ¼ teaspoon of salt and a dash of pepper. GOOD LUCK!